Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 2, Total 31 1 2
AuthorPosts

BerryAC
TotalPost:187
Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Deal all resellers/supervip owners,

As we mentioned in the beginning of 2008, prices for cloths will be adjusted a little bit, hope you all understand why we are doing so.

Since the labor cost and material cost in China increase a lot, and also the impact of RMB appreciation (15% change from beginning of 2007), we have to increase the reseller pricing for all cloths, all shirts/raglan/infant creeper/jersey/tank/camisole will increase $2.00/each, for all other items, they will remain unchanged, price adjustment will be effective on 07/15/2008, hope you all understand it.

Current prices can't bring us any profit at all, that why we have to adjust the prices for cloths. We are really sorry about this price adjustment.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    CEO & Executive Director
    ArtsNow.com
6/20/2008 7:20:24 PM

Anthea Marcella
TotalPost:105
RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Berry

$2.00 is a VERY large price increase ... I understand that prices and percentages increase over time, and we all have to increase our prices to make any money at all - although $2.00 per item on the clothing items you have mentioned seems to me to be way too much in one hit ... have you considered the impact it will have on all the resellers and shopowners who have been buying from you up until now? Do you think it will make them consider looking elsewhere for these items?

I am wondering - Are you intending to continue with the clothing items, or perhaps drop them over time (as the sales perhaps fall), and just keep with the other printed items (watches, jewellery etc.)?

Anthea

6/20/2008 8:44:02 PM

Dorothy Claypoole Sagittarius
TotalPost:52
RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

>
    OK Berry, when changing the prices will the sizing problems be fixed and the quality of printing going to improve?
    >

DC
6/20/2008 9:40:46 PM

DonnaMarie
TotalPost:444
RE:RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

well my opinion is that a 2.00 increas is insane.

a little increase ok , i can understand, but 2.00?

Perhaps this is because of all the complaints?

I guess we all better get in those garment orders quick. lol

ps, if prices in china going up, why is is just garments getting increases??????

DonnaMarie
    Store owner
    Svip, vip, reseller
6/21/2008 3:47:53 AM

Max
TotalPost:74

Thank youfor letting us know in advance - we can delete all our listings in time and never put them back.
    Clothings are already very high-priced and we nned to have superior designs to sell them. It is much easier to buy a press machine on eBay and a bunch of blank t-shirts to print on... Ok- e ll need to put some labour onto it - but if you sell 10 t-shirts a day for $20 you can find somebody to do the work 1 hour a day

If you need to increase prices - maybe first you should find some other suppliers, or some other ways of decreasing costs of your business

We cannot agree with the price increase

If we do next week you change the price of next products

It is our both business - we think how to make it profitable under conditions we have, but AN must do the same!

Max
6/21/2008 7:07:39 PM

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214

Good morning Berry,

Hopefully members will realize that you have not raised your prices in almost 2 years. As China industrializes, demand for fuels, goods, etc.. increases there while the same demand increases prices elsewhere in the world. The same applies to all countries and industries.

As I do my own shirts (pockets, colors...), prices have steadily climbed. A few cents at a time but they have risen steaily.

Also, when you look at the cost of a garment, you look at it from the wholesale end of things. In addition to the cost of printing, inks, machines, labor, (overhead) plus unsaleable products (mis-prints, damged garments from the vendor), etc... a $2.00 price hike isn't all that bad but I feel that the sizing issue should then be taken care of.

Our base prices as of now, are lower than other POD services but although I have not done any calculations yet, the base prices for a free store for a shirt will be edging closer to the same base prices in other POD services.

I believe to keep current storeowners here, selling, that having the sizes for the garments consistent is of the highest priority.

I think some will keep garments in their stores, others will drop them.

Fred
    Melbourne FL

>Deal all resellers/supervip owners,
    >
    >As we mentioned in the beginning of 2008, prices for cloths will be adjusted a little bit, hope you all understand why we are doing so.
    >
    >Since the labor cost and material cost in China increase a lot, and also the impact of RMB appreciation (15% change from beginning of 2007), we have to increase the reseller pricing for all cloths, all shirts/raglan/infant creeper/jersey/tank/camisole will increase $2.00/each, for all other items, they will remain unchanged, price adjustment will be effective on 07/15/2008, hope you all understand it.
    >
    >Current prices can't bring us any profit at all, that why we have to adjust the prices for cloths. We are really sorry about this price adjustment.
    >
    >

http://toonsign.homestead.com
    Low cost hosting to sell your AN products. on. Format is being updated to AN specs.

http://youprintonline.homestead.com
    My Homestead store to sell my AN products on.
    http://www.toonsign.com
    Ready to use clipart for products .
6/21/2008 7:51:13 PM

Steve Morris
TotalPost:915
RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 - Issues Resolved? Reply

Q's for Berry.

In the time (2-3 Years?) that members have been complaining about the sizing issue (and sometimes the quality), have Any efforts been made to address the issue(s)?

Months ago you mentioned the desire to phase out Clothing all together - is this still planned?

If Clothing is to be kept available for AN members, what guarantee(s) can you offer that the problems will be resolved - preferably in the (very) near future?

I have my own reasons for asking these questions here & now:
    (i) The t-shirts I myself have ordered for my son have either been undersized or Very oversized, and the quality on one does not compare to the original image at all..
    (ii) Members (like myself) have witheld from advertising clothing because of the size/quality issues AND the fact that these issues are completely ignored.. If you can make a small profit with the price increase AND fix the sizing/quality issues, you will surely start seeing a Big increase in sales as more members feel confident enough to advertise clothing.. Ignoring the issues (plus the price increase) will see sales dwindle until 'Clothing' becomes unprofitable and/or unrealistic.
    (iii) (the 'here and now' bit) - there are important questions sitting unanswered in almost every section of the forum. Some for days or weeks, and others totally ignored. Why are AN members getting what appears to be the 'brush-off' whilst every effort is being made to assist anyone posting on the 'new' sites?

You have a fantastic opportunity to develop ArtsNow further and leave the competition in the dust, but you need to address the issues that members bring to your attention.

If you get time to answer I will be most grateful.

Steve

>
    >As we mentioned in the beginning of 2008, prices for cloths will be adjusted a little bit, hope you all understand why we are doing so.
    >
    >Since the labor cost and material cost in China increase a lot, and also the impact of RMB appreciation (15% change from beginning of 2007), we have to increase the reseller pricing for all cloths, all shirts/raglan/infant creeper/jersey/tank/camisole will increase $2.00/each, for all other items, they will remain unchanged, price adjustment will be effective on 07/15/2008, hope you all understand it.
    >
    >Current prices can't bring us any profit at all, that why we have to adjust the prices for cloths. We are really sorry about this price adjustment.
    >
    >
6/22/2008 7:31:55 AM

Anthea Marcella
RE:RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Fred

I can't help but notice that once again you are so very sympathetic with AN in general and with the China prices and guidelines etc.

you are either VERY sympathetic by nature or - if I were a suspicious person - I would wonder exactly who - or what you represent - at least by proxy.... AN should love you (and I think they do)

>Good morning Berry,
    >
    >Hopefully members will realize that you have not raised your prices in almost 2 years. As China industrializes, demand for fuels, goods, etc.. increases there while the same demand increases prices elsewhere in the world. The same applies to all countries and industries.
    >
    >As I do my own shirts (pockets, colors...), prices have steadily climbed. A few cents at a time but they have risen steaily.
    >
    >Also, when you look at the cost of a garment, you look at it from the wholesale end of things. In addition to the cost of printing, inks, machines, labor, (overhead) plus unsaleable products (mis-prints, damged garments from the vendor), etc... a $2.00 price hike isn't all that bad but I feel that the sizing issue should then be taken care of.
    >
    >Our base prices as of now, are lower than other POD services but although I have not done any calculations yet, the base prices for a free store for a shirt will be edging closer to the same base prices in other POD services.
    >
    >I believe to keep current storeowners here, selling, that having the sizes for the garments consistent is of the highest priority.
    >
    >I think some will keep garments in their stores, others will drop them.
    >
    >Fred
    >Melbourne FL
    >
    >http://stores.ebay.com/US-Colorprint-Personalized-Gifts
    > .......
    >http://www.you-print-online.com
    >http://www.fun-tees.com
    >http://www.uscolorprint.com This is a free 'How To' manual which shows you how to setup your AN (and Fun-Tees) store(s). Hope you find it helpful. Membername is: guest Password is: password
    >
    >
    >
    >>Deal all resellers/supervip owners,
    >>
    >>As we mentioned in the beginning of 2008, prices for cloths will be adjusted a little bit, hope you all understand why we are doing so.
    >>
    >>Since the labor cost and material cost in China increase a lot, and also the impact of RMB appreciation (15% change from beginning of 2007), we have to increase the reseller pricing for all cloths, all shirts/raglan/infant creeper/jersey/tank/camisole will increase $2.00/each, for all other items, they will remain unchanged, price adjustment will be effective on 07/15/2008, hope you all understand it.
    >>
    >>Current prices can't bring us any profit at all, that why we have to adjust the prices for cloths. We are really sorry about this price adjustment.
    >>
    >>

6/22/2008 4:08:30 PM

Fred Virgo
RE:RE:RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Hello Anthea,

I'm not being sympathetic towards AN..at least, this is not meant to be. I was just trying to show others that there's more to rising prices than just raising prices. Yes. I am an AN supporter. Sympathetic towards AN: no. Understand and agree with AN on the pricing issue (only), yes, but with reservations.

As a shirt printer myself (since 1987), I learned the hard way about not raising my prices until it was too late. The mills and distributors here will nickle and dime you without you even realizing it. Before you know it, that shirt that cost you (example) $3.25 2 years ago now costs $4.75. Now that gas prices have gone up, it's almost a free for all when it comes to raising prices: food, gas, electricity, just about everything. AN has not raised their garment prices in 3 years, now they have. I have no problem with that BUT I need to get what I'm paying for.

I do not work for AN, have no relationship with them. I am just another storeowner like you and everyone else. As a business man, I have to agree with AN about the new pricing. However, the quality and the sizing of all garments are my only concern. I shudder when someone from one of the school sites orders a shirt. I just don't know what they'll get (size). I haven't had any complaints but then again, sales have dropped.

If I'm going to pay a few extra dollars for a shirt, then I do want it to be the correct size, consistent print quality and shrinkage to a mimimum. When this happens, then I will sell the black and dark colored shirts. Until then, I don't advertise them.

My gut feeling: I think AN's long term business plan is to stay with the hard goods (keychains, photos, watches, mousepads, etc...) and unless they can offer a better quality product, then the garments could be phased out. Mind you, this is only my opinion.

Hope this makes sense.

Fred
    Melbourne FL

>Fred
    >
    >I can't help but notice that once again you are so very sympathetic with AN in general and with the China prices and guidelines etc.
    >
    >you are either VERY sympathetic by nature or - if I were a suspicious person - I would wonder exactly who - or what you represent - at least by proxy.... AN should love you (and I think they do)
    >

Low cost hosting to sell your AN products. on. Format is being updated to AN specs.

6/23/2008 1:41:51 AM

Anthea Marcella
RE:RE:RE:RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Hi Fred - yes I do understand - I just worry that a $2.00 increase on everything is a bit much all at once - it will be hard for me to absorb and I don't want to increase my prices to my customers yet - certainly not a jump of that size...

There is something I must say in AN's defence now ... so far (touch wood) I am pretty happy with the clothing I have ordered from AN. The printing has (in general)looked good (only a couple weren't too hot, but I have been happy with the others) - and also, the sizing to me isn't too much of an issue - I just tell people that they are small in their sizes and to go up in size, and so far its been fine. I certainly hope that they continue to do the clothing and not phase it out as you suggest...

>Hello Anthea,
    >
    >I'm not being sympathetic towards AN..at least, this is not meant to be. I was just trying to show others that there's more to rising prices than just raising prices. Yes. I am an AN supporter. Sympathetic towards AN: no. Understand and agree with AN on the pricing issue (only), yes, but with reservations.
    >
    >As a shirt printer myself (since 1987), I learned the hard way about not raising my prices until it was too late. The mills and distributors here will nickle and dime you without you even realizing it. Before you know it, that shirt that cost you (example) $3.25 2 years ago now costs $4.75. Now that gas prices have gone up, it's almost a free for all when it comes to raising prices: food, gas, electricity, just about everything. AN has not raised their garment prices in 3 years, now they have. I have no problem with that BUT I need to get what I'm paying for.
    >
    >I do not work for AN, have no relationship with them. I am just another storeowner like you and everyone else. As a business man, I have to agree with AN about the new pricing. However, the quality and the sizing of all garments are my only concern. I shudder when someone from one of the school sites orders a shirt. I just don't know what they'll get (size). I haven't had any complaints but then again, sales have dropped.
    >
    >If I'm going to pay a few extra dollars for a shirt, then I do want it to be the correct size, consistent print quality and shrinkage to a mimimum. When this happens, then I will sell the black and dark colored shirts. Until then, I don't advertise them.
    >
    >My gut feeling: I think AN's long term business plan is to stay with the hard goods (keychains, photos, watches, mousepads, etc...) and unless they can offer a better quality product, then the garments could be phased out. Mind you, this is only my opinion.
    >
    >Hope this makes sense.
    >
    >Fred
    >Melbourne FL
    >
    >
    >>Fred
    >>
    >>I can't help but notice that once again you are so very sympathetic with AN in general and with the China prices and guidelines etc.
    >>
    >>you are either VERY sympathetic by nature or - if I were a suspicious person - I would wonder exactly who - or what you represent - at least by proxy.... AN should love you (and I think they do)
    >>
    >
6/23/2008 7:38:57 AM

rowan Capricorn
TotalPost:251
RE:RE:RE:RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Hi all,
    As a t-shirt and gift printer as well I have to agree with Fred. The cost of blank products, freight and everything else is going up. I have had to put up my base prices for my customers also, it is a fact of life. Most of the people who complain about rising prices are those who place too little profit on their products and don't treat it as a business. You have to expect prices to rise on accasion and should plan accordingly.
    I still love ANs products and they are still a lot cheaper than the others.

Cheers,
    Rowan
6/23/2008 7:41:37 AM

Fred Virgo
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Hi Anthea,

Yes. What I have on my retail site is a comment to my customers to add one size larger due to the fact that the garments are 100% cotton and some shrinkage MAY occur. It could just be that this one larger size has worked. So far, no complaints.

Fred

>Hi Fred - yes I do understand - I just worry that a $2.00 increase on everything is a bit much all at once - it will be hard for me to absorb and I don't want to increase my prices to my customers yet - certainly not a jump of that size...
    >
    >There is something I must say in AN's defence now ... so far (touch wood) I am pretty happy with the clothing I have ordered from AN. The printing has (in general)looked good (only a couple weren't too hot, but I have been happy with the others) - and also, the sizing to me isn't too much of an issue - I just tell people that they are small in their sizes and to go up in size, and so far its been fine. I certainly hope that they continue to do the clothing and not phase it out as you suggest...

6/24/2008 7:28:02 AM

Fred Virgo
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Hi Rowan,

You are correct. Far too many times people have their retail (selling) prices too low thinking that this will get customers to make a purchase. As you and I know, this isn't really the case. All of us offer a unique product/design and service and we should treat it as a business. As a business, we expect to do some work, charge for our time, overhead, store fees, etc... and also make a decent profit.

Fred
    Melbourne FL

>Hi all,
    >As a t-shirt and gift printer as well I have to agree with Fred. The cost of blank products, freight and everything else is going up. I have had to put up my base prices for my customers also, it is a fact of life. Most of the people who complain about rising prices are those who place too little profit on their products and don't treat it as a business. You have to expect prices to rise on accasion and should plan accordingly.
    >I still love ANs products and they are still a lot cheaper than the others.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Rowan

6/24/2008 7:32:01 AM

Greg Wambach
TotalPost:33

While I think a jump of a couple of bucks is kinda steep, I know at least one of the other POD service I utilize has also just announced a price increase.
6/25/2008 8:56:26 AM

Kelly
TotalPost:352

Sorry if my brains being dippy as usual but can i ask is this an all round thing? (as is should i be mentioning this to our free store owners under my vip??)
    i presume it is but had to make sure before i go blabbing about it lol

6/25/2008 12:29:08 PM

Steve Morris
RE:RE:RE:Prices of cloths will be adjusted on 07/15/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply

Any change in any Base price affects all levels, Kel..

Berry, please answer the questions?

Steve

>Sorry if my brains being dippy as usual but can i ask is this an all round thing? (as is should i be mentioning this to our free store owners under my vip??)
    >i presume it is but had to make sure before i go blabbing about it lol
    >
6/25/2008 4:21:28 PM

Murray Wood
TotalPost:3

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi,
    I'm new to the reseller service. Obviously, I've noticed the announcement about the price increase.
    Can anyone tell me if the VIP domain store prices will be rising as well?

If not, the base prices of the reseller service will be exactly the same....
    I ask because I'm currently debating whether to set up my own website (more work/time required) or just use the ArtsNow VIP store (more expensive).

Thanks in advance for any info!
6/29/2008 3:40:09 AM

Kelly
TotalPost:352

lol i'm still confused ...

I see what you mean Steve (makes perfect sense and that is what I was presuming/made of it to start with)...

BUt (and there is always a but yeh lol) I'm starting to read the comment by Berry in the sense maybe its only reseller/drop ship prices ... thus mentioning it only to resellers and SVIP (as they have resellers under them) since the resellers have the lowest base prices from memory maybe its ONLY going to effect them??

Did that make any sense to anyone?!? I know what i mean lmao!!
6/29/2008 9:36:08 AM

Steve Morris

I know what you're saying, Kel.. thought an issue as important as this would receive a fast (or faster than normal) response..

Steve

>lol i'm still confused ...
    >
    >I see what you mean Steve (makes perfect sense and that is what I was presuming/made of it to start with)...
    >
    >BUt (and there is always a but yeh lol) I'm starting to read the comment by Berry in the sense maybe its only reseller/drop ship prices ... thus mentioning it only to resellers and SVIP (as they have resellers under them) since the resellers have the lowest base prices from memory maybe its ONLY going to effect them??
    >
    >Did that make any sense to anyone?!? I know what i mean lmao!!
6/29/2008 11:10:04 PM

DonnaMarie
TotalPost:444

I noticed someone mentioned the price increase on all items. to my knowledge it is only going to be on clothing???

Is this correct.

As for the comment about Fred.

I think Fred ,that people see you as always the one to answer questions, comments, ect befor, and in a much more detailed way than AN does.

However, I think sometimes people forget you are a business man and this is one way for you to draw attention to your sites, by showing your commitment and attenitivness ( is that a word) lol

thus Im sure bringing you more clients.

I do not believe that your attention to this forum is to be sympathetic to AN but to show potential customers that you will be there to answer them, should they have a problem

Correct me please if i am wrong.

DonnaMarie
    Store owner
    Svip, vip, reseller
6/30/2008 10:45:05 PM
Page 1 of 2, Total 31 1 2