Your are the 5579th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 2, Total 27 1 2
AuthorPosts

Anthea Marcella
TotalPost:105
Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

Hi - does anyone know how to get the plain white mugs as a reseller? My products list has the travel mugs but not the plain white china type ones... Anthea :-)
26/5/2008 22:20:43

Steve Morris
TotalPost:915
RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

Hi Anthea,

(from memory) all the mugs were to be excluded from the Reseller bulk order system.. I didn't get a response when I asked WHY it was ok for all other stores to order a mug/mugs and Not the Reseller.. It's not as if the single quantities are packed differently.

Maybe the Single quantities can be allowed for Reseller stores, William? At least then we can add Mugs to our auctions/sites?

Steve

>Hi - does anyone know how to get the plain white mugs as a reseller? My products list has the travel mugs but not the plain white china type ones... Anthea :-)

-----------------------------------------------

http://uk.ebid.com/stores/InOurShopCoUk
26/5/2008 23:09:29

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214
RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

Hi Steve,

I think the main reason why the mugs were dropped (bad choice of words) from the resellers was because of damage during shipping. The low base price plus the 5% discount did not cover the cost of the mugs that were being damaged.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    Melbourne FL

>Hi Anthea,
    >
    >(from memory) all the mugs were to be excluded from the Reseller bulk order system.. I didn't get a response when I asked WHY it was ok for all other stores to order a mug/mugs and Not the Reseller.. It's not as if the single quantities are packed differently.
    >
    >Maybe the Single quantities can be allowed for Reseller stores, William? At least then we can add Mugs to our auctions/sites?
    >
    >Steve
    >
    >>Hi - does anyone know how to get the plain white mugs as a reseller? My products list has the travel mugs but not the plain white china type ones... Anthea :-)
    >
    http://toonsign.homestead.com
    Low cost hosting to sell your AN products. on. Format is being updated to AN specs.

http://youprintonline.homestead.com
    My Homestead store to sell my AN products on.
    http://www.toonsign.com
    Ready to use clipart for products .
27/5/2008 5:33:27

Steve Morris
RE: Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

Hi Fred,

I recall that reason being used, but it doesn't explain why single quantities should be excluded from the Reseller accounts.. it'll be the same price as SVIP, or could be priced-up to VIP level. At least it would open up this product range to Resellers.

It's a great (missed) opportunity for Resellers & AN alike, imho..

Unless, of course, the reason behind it is more to do with any increase in shipping costs for the (already expensive) airfreight if the packing had to improved(?)

Steve

>Hi Steve,
    >
    >I think the main reason why the mugs were dropped (bad choice of words) from the resellers was because of damage during shipping. The low base price plus the 5% discount did not cover the cost of the mugs that were being damaged.
    >
    >Fred
    >Melbourne FL

27/5/2008 6:58:15

Anthea Marcella

What about if instead of single quantities (or as well as) we were able to get small bulks? (Maybe 4 or 6 in a box - well packed - or something)... I agree that it would be another, possible profitable avenue for AN as well as we resellers... as far as packing goes - I have received the porcelain plates without any problems, so I don't see why mugs should be any different...

Anthea :-)
28/5/2008 8:10:02

Steve Morris

I believe it was the small (and large) bulk orders that were causing the problem, Anthea - far too many breakages, even though the mugs are/were well-packaged.

My question still remains, though.. If Mugs are ok to send in single quantities to Free/VIP/Premium/SVIP stores, why not allow Resellers the same opportunity?

William?

>What about if instead of single quantities (or as well as) we were able to get small bulks? (Maybe 4 or 6 in a box - well packed - or something)... I agree that it would be another, possible profitable avenue for AN as well as we resellers... as far as packing goes - I have received the porcelain plates without any problems, so I don't see why mugs should be any different...
    >
    >Anthea :-)

4/6/2008 23:52:59

Steve Morris
RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

Berrryyyyyyyyyy.....

Can Resellers order single mugs, pLeAsE???

What about a 'trial period', maybe 2/3 months, just to see how things go & assess the risks?

Steve

>I believe it was the small (and large) bulk orders that were causing the problem, Anthea - far too many breakages, even though the mugs are/were well-packaged.
    >
    >My question still remains, though.. If Mugs are ok to send in single quantities to Free/VIP/Premium/SVIP stores, why not allow Resellers the same opportunity?
    >
    >William?
    >
    >
    >>What about if instead of single quantities (or as well as) we were able to get small bulks? (Maybe 4 or 6 in a box - well packed - or something)... I agree that it would be another, possible profitable avenue for AN as well as we resellers... as far as packing goes - I have received the porcelain plates without any problems, so I don't see why mugs should be any different...
    >>
    >>Anthea :-)
    >
12/6/2008 6:26:45

Anthea Marcella
RE:RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

Yes - I will add my 'pleeeease'..... to that too....

Anthea

>Berrryyyyyyyyyy.....
    >
    >Can Resellers order single mugs, pLeAsE???
    >
    >What about a 'trial period', maybe 2/3 months, just to see how things go & assess the risks?
    >
    >Steve
    >
    >>I believe it was the small (and large) bulk orders that were causing the problem, Anthea - far too many breakages, even though the mugs are/were well-packaged.
    >>
    >>My question still remains, though.. If Mugs are ok to send in single quantities to Free/VIP/Premium/SVIP stores, why not allow Resellers the same opportunity?
    >>
    >>William?
    >>
    >>
    >>>What about if instead of single quantities (or as well as) we were able to get small bulks? (Maybe 4 or 6 in a box - well packed - or something)... I agree that it would be another, possible profitable avenue for AN as well as we resellers... as far as packing goes - I have received the porcelain plates without any problems, so I don't see why mugs should be any different...
    >>>
    >>>Anthea :-)
    >>
16/6/2008 6:10:05

Steve Morris
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

I will refresh your pleeeease and add a 'PlEEaSSe Berry, can we try it out?' bump...

Steve

>Yes - I will add my 'pleeeease'..... to that too....
    >
    >
    >Anthea

7/9/2008 6:10:51

Gary Younkin
Title:Owner
TotalPost:623

hi it seems if they can send the plates, then mugs should be no problem if packed corerectly, id for one love to see these for resell, I sold some prior and just marked it up from what i can get them for, but would be better if there was a reselling price on them, then i may be able to sell more for a lower price
7/9/2008 6:28:25

Anthea Marcella

PLEASE (bump)
    WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE COFFEE MUGS....
8/9/2008 16:28:03

WilliamAC
TotalPost:377

Sorry, we do not suggest resellers to sell mugs for their business that's why it's not on the reseller product list. Thank you.
8/9/2008 17:45:49

Steve Morris
RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

y'know, I could have sworn I left a response to this...

William, could you provide the Reasoning behind the decision, please?

Re: Why Resellers cannot order 'one' Mug in a Bulk order, or why Mugs are OK to be sent out by Free, Premium, VIP & SVIP stores but not Resellers (in single quantity)?

TIA
    Steve

>Sorry, we do not suggest resellers to sell mugs for their business that's why it's not on the reseller product list. Thank you.
14/9/2008 18:59:59

Fred Coulsey
TotalPost:20
RE:RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

Hi Steve,

My guess is, no profit. Mugs do break and selling them at a reseller base price (even with the 5% off), when mugs get damaged, they have to be replaced.

The base prices for a VIP/Free store are higher and AN may be making a small profit, even with breakage.

Just a guess.

Fred
    Melbourne FL

>y'know, I could have sworn I left a response to this...
    >
    >William, could you provide the Reasoning behind the decision, please?
    >
    >Re: Why Resellers cannot order 'one' Mug in a Bulk order, or why Mugs are OK to be sent out by Free, Premium, VIP & SVIP stores but not Resellers (in single quantity)?
    >
    >TIA
    >Steve
    >
    >
    >>Sorry, we do not suggest resellers to sell mugs for their business that's why it's not on the reseller product list. Thank you.
    >
14/9/2008 22:03:25

Steve Morris
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? Reply

That was the only reasoning I could think of, Fred, but the same scale of base prices exists throughout the AN range, and the chances of breakage is the same regardless of which account the mug is ordered from.. The reseller & SVIP bases work out the same, but the Reseller carries the liability (through 5%) and the SVIP is not restricted. As the discounted Reseller base (supposedly) covers loss/damage in transit, this aspect shouldn't enter the arguement(?)

I'm sure Resellers would be more than happy to confirm in writing their acceptance of the liability if it meant being able to add their deigns/mugs to the product range.. e.g. SVIP base + 5% discount (loss/damage liability stays with Reseller)(?) I'm guessing this liability issue has caused problems in the past, and admin are trying to avoid a repeat (at the expense of Many sales..)

jmho :)
    Steve

>Hi Steve,
    >
    >My guess is, no profit. Mugs do break and selling them at a reseller base price (even with the 5% off), when mugs get damaged, they have to be replaced.
    >
    >The base prices for a VIP/Free store are higher and AN may be making a small profit, even with breakage.
    >
    >Just a guess.
    >
    >Fred
    >Melbourne FL
    >
    >
14/9/2008 22:09:33

Steve Morris
RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? WILLIAM............. Reply

Bump!

William, ask Berry to give us the bl**dy mugs and I'll stop pestering you!

One Mug per address, Reseller takes full responsibility for breakages.
    Problem solved. Now change the rules & add to Reseller list.

Like getting blood out of a stone, sometimes... ;-)

Steve

>That was the only reasoning I could think of, Fred, but the same scale of base prices exists throughout the AN range, and the chances of breakage is the same regardless of which account the mug is ordered from.. The reseller & SVIP bases work out the same, but the Reseller carries the liability (through 5%) and the SVIP is not restricted. As the discounted Reseller base (supposedly) covers loss/damage in transit, this aspect shouldn't enter the arguement(?)
    >
    >I'm sure Resellers would be more than happy to confirm in writing their acceptance of the liability if it meant being able to add their deigns/mugs to the product range.. e.g. SVIP base + 5% discount (loss/damage liability stays with Reseller)(?) I'm guessing this liability issue has caused problems in the past, and admin are trying to avoid a repeat (at the expense of Many sales..)
    >
    >jmho :)
    >Steve
    >
    >>Hi Steve,
    >>
    >>My guess is, no profit. Mugs do break and selling them at a reseller base price (even with the 5% off), when mugs get damaged, they have to be replaced.
    >>
    >>The base prices for a VIP/Free store are higher and AN may be making a small profit, even with breakage.
    >>
    >>Just a guess.
    >>
    >>Fred
    >>Melbourne FL
    >>
    >>
    >
11/10/2008 19:20:02

Ashley Aries
TotalPost:68
RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? WILLIAM............. Reply

>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
    Hi all just wanted to add my view to this..think the main reason is breakage..you see the big difference from the plates which are also ceramic is the handles which are the weakest point on a mug and very prone to breaking..
    Ash
29/10/2008 2:16:31

Alan
TotalPost:274
RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? WILLIAM............. Reply

In my opinion good packaging could completely overcome any breakage problems, after all millions of them are sold on the internet. Could it be that the combination of more expensive packing, plus the overall mailing weight, increases the cost too much. A lot of members would like them, so what is the reason that we can't have them. Why does it have to be classified information?? Why is it a secret? If there's no profit, why not put the price up a bit? See my listing under General Chit Chat.. Why Don't AN Do This, Why don't They Do That!!

>Hi all just wanted to add my view to this..think the main reason is breakage..you see the big difference from the plates which are also ceramic is the handles which are the weakest point on a mug and very prone to breaking..
    >Ash
29/10/2008 23:19:29

Steve Morris
RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? WILLIAM............. Reply

You're missing the point, Ashley.. the mugs are available to All accounts except the Reseller. They're not packed any differently for any level of AN account, and they wouldn't be for the Resellers. If 'breakage' is the reason, then mugs should be stopped all together, for all accounts, as common sense dictates(?)

After all this time of plugging, no-one (especially admin) has offered a feasible reason why Resellers cannot order just the One mug per customer in a bulk order when it's ok for all other accounts & customers to order any quantity they like...

AN can easily enforce the 5% rule, or up the price for Resellers.. Instead, admin prefer to ignore repeated requests for aither (i) Resellers to have the chance to order ONE(?) mug per Customer, or (ii) offer an Intelligent reason why it's not feasible.

Steve

>>
    >Hi all just wanted to add my view to this..think the main reason is breakage..you see the big difference from the plates which are also ceramic is the handles which are the weakest point on a mug and very prone to breaking..
    >Ash
30/10/2008 4:40:59

Ashley Aries
TotalPost:68
RE:RE:RE:RE:Can Resellers have the White Mugs? WILLIAM............. Reply

>You're missing the point, Ashley.. the mugs are available to All accounts except the Reseller. They're not packed any differently for any level of AN account, and they wouldn't be for the Resellers. If 'breakage' is the reason, then mugs should be stopped all together, for all accounts, as common sense dictates(?)
    >
    >After all this time of plugging, no-one (especially admin) has offered a feasible reason why Resellers cannot order just the One mug per customer in a bulk order when it's ok for all other accounts & customers to order any quantity they like...
    >
    >AN can easily enforce the 5% rule, or up the price for Resellers.. Instead, admin prefer to ignore repeated requests for aither (i) Resellers to have the chance to order ONE(?) mug per Customer, or (ii) offer an Intelligent reason why it's not feasible.
    >
    >Steve
    >
    >>>
    >>Hi all just wanted to add my view to this..think the main reason is breakage..you see the big difference from the plates which are also ceramic is the handles which are the weakest point on a mug and very prone to breaking..
    >>Ash
    >
    My fault Steve thought the mugs were not available to anyone..i make mugs myself and it does not cost alot to get protective shipping boxes..? But have to agree aleast it surely deserves a answer why its ok for one acc and not another.?
    Ash
30/10/2008 9:14:37
Page 1 of 2, Total 27 1 2