Your are the 4361th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 7 1
AuthorPosts

azree Capricorn
TotalPost:3
images used - newbie question Reply

hi I search the reseller program section hoping to find some answers but its just not clear enough for me. I havent register any program yet since im looking around artsnow.

so my question is can we actually use images from the internet that are available to be downloaded and put them for the design in our products?

just want to be honest with selling the customised products :)

thanks
1/14/2012 7:11:07 AM

azree Capricorn
RE:images used - newbie question Reply

dreamstime offer free or as low as £0.15 per image..but just wondering if i download free package of 3D images of elsewhere for example..will it still be legitimate to use them? or must i design my own 3D etc? thanks
1/14/2012 7:13:04 AM

Deb Watson
TotalPost:83

Hi Azree
    You need to make sure you have permission to use the images/sets commercially, some images/brushsets will say free for private use but they cannot be offered on products to sell.
    Also some sites will allow you to use images commercially but will not allow you to use them on t-shirts etc (basically not allowed to use them on products offered for sale at POD (print-on-demand) companies like C*f*press, Artsnow, Za*zl* etc but can be used on a commercial website for example.

Also before you consider purchasing or downloading any graphics/brushsets make sure they will be royalty free, which means you won't need to pay up every time you sell something.

As always I advocate you try to create your own images because then you cannot run into much trouble, unless of course you find someone using your artwork.

Most images legitimately available for use on the internet will have terms and conditions of use with them, make sure you read them carefully and if you are really unsure just drop an email to whomever you are downloading the images from and ask.

There is one more issue I'd like to mention and that is some sites do offer images/sets that they have no right to sell or give permission to use. So please don't take it for granted that every place is legitimate.

Having said all that, I really don't want to scare you off with all the warnings, there are places if you look hard enough that have some wonderful images/brushsets/models that can be used

At one time I think you could use models from Daz-3d but you really would have to check them out to know for sure.

Hope this has helped a little :)

1/15/2012 9:18:06 PM

Deb Watson

Ok just took a peak at Dreamstime and you need to look at their terms and conditions under the heading "Extended licenses for using our images". There you will find info about using the images for "printing". It seems images with this permission will have some reference to extended licenses in their info.

:)
1/15/2012 9:28:14 PM

azree Capricorn
RE:RE:images used - newbie question Reply

Thanks Deb, that helps a lot! :) checking on their bit on that part but too bad their servers are off now..i read at photobucket that if the people there uploading their pics/artworks and made them public it means that..wait il just paste it here just to make sure i understand them right.
    "You are also giving other Users the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and create derivative works from it via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, via services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content, and via social media websites)."

oh there it is..the printing :D okay to be on safe side i just grab pics from photobucket just to think of something to put on and mix and match thanks Deb :D

>Ok just took a peak at Dreamstime and you need to look at their terms and conditions under the heading "Extended licenses for using our images". There you will find info about using the images for "printing". It seems images with this permission will have some reference to extended licenses in their info.
    >
    >:)
    >
1/17/2012 6:23:38 AM

Deb Watson

Happy to help Azree :)

A couple of things about the photobucket images, if there are people in the images you will still need a model release to use them and of course you need to be sure that the person uploading the image to photobucket owns the rights to the image in the first place and hasn't just uploaded someone else's image to, say, use as a forum avatar.

These are not the only issues that need to be looked at and I'm not an expert or lawyer in any of this, I just want to pass on info I've learned along the way so it's always worth double-checking these things as it's the responsibility of the image "user" to be sure of the rights.

:)
1/17/2012 1:22:00 PM

James Yonng

>hi I search the reseller program section hoping to find some answers but its just not clear enough for me. I havent register any program yet since im looking around artsnow.
    >
    >so my question is can we actually use images from the internet that are available to be downloaded and put them for the design in our products?
    >
    >
    >just want to be honest with selling the customised products :)
    >
    >thanks

Hi
    In order to do this, you may use an image process library to download the image from internet and upload it to design your products. Here is a free trial version of an advanced image SDK.
3/18/2014 11:03:42 AM
Page 1 of 1, Total 7 1