Your are the 2273th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

jackie ludtke
TotalPost:66
questions Reply

I am an idiot when it comes to computers and selling online.
    Does opening a VIP domain store work for an idiot? Does it help cusomters find my products easier or do I still have to know how to get visitors to my store myself?
    Does this make any sense to anyone?
    I love the producst AN has to offer and would really like to get some sales going without getting on ebay.

9/24/2011 12:33:42 AM

jackie ludtke
RE:questions Reply

Oh yeah - and is it as easy to set up as the free shop?
9/24/2011 12:35:10 AM

jackie ludtke

Anyone???

9/24/2011 1:39:53 AM

jackie ludtke

This should tell me it's not a good idea.

9/24/2011 7:48:28 PM

Deb Watson
TotalPost:83

I don't participate in the Artsnow marketplace so all of my customers are brought to my store/sites myself. So I can't tell you how well you would do
    just opening your store and leaving the MP to do all your marketing but I can tell you with other places similar to this one that I do participate in their marketplace I still need to do plenty of SEO, offsite work, marketing etc. There will be a constant flow of competition and you will need to do at least some basic work in these areas to maintain any market position you develop.
    Hope that helps
10/1/2011 10:09:33 AM

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214

Ji Jackie,

First, you are not an idiot when it comes to computers and selling online. EVERYONE of us started out not knowing how to sell or run a computer. Just a learning process we all go thru.

Now, opening a VIP store or a Free store - no difference. No matter what kind of store you open - you, we, all of us have to market our stores to the public. Been here a few years and counting on sales from the Marketplace is not worth a thought.

What I did (and getting back to it slowly again) is to:

1. Create my own website - http://www.realclassicads.com
    2. Create interesting content so visitors will find YOUR OWN website (check out my source and you'll get an idea of how I did it
    3. Submit your website to the search engines - I focused on Google and DMOZ
    4. Scattered about on the various pages you will include photos of your actual products from your store. Each photo will be linked to your MAIN page of your store.
    5. Keep your content fresh and interesting. Make sure your content relates to what your store is selling. If your website is about pets but your store is about cars, sales will be zero.

Yes. Develop your products in your store but work hard to get your website listed. Be specific in your keywords, title and description about what is on each page of your website. As an example, if so and so page is about parrots, in the header of that page use the word cockateil or red ring parrot, not just parrots. On each image, where it shows text, be exact in what you type in there. Again, use my classic ads site to see how I did this. It does work.

Getting visitors is fine but turning them onto a paying customer is something else. By using keywords and other text specifically, if a visitor is doing a search for a red ringed parrot, your website/page WILL show up near the top of the list because your page does have red ringed parrot. THESE visitors are more likely to buy than someone doing a search just for a parrot.
    Hope this makes sense.

I've developed a whole cd about building websites and such.

Not sure what type of store you have (SVIP, VIP or free) but SVIP and VIP stores can also be used to have others create stores under you. Excellent for schools, clubs, fundraisers. etc...

Hope this helps and always feel free to post ANY questions you may have. We'll try our best to help.

Fred
    Melbourne FL

>I am an idiot when it comes to computers and selling online.
    >Does opening a VIP domain store work for an idiot? Does it help cusomters find my products easier or do I still have to know how to get visitors to my store myself?
    >Does this make any sense to anyone?
    >I love the producst AN has to offer and would really like to get some sales going without getting on ebay.
    >
    >

-----------------------------------------------
    http://www.realclassicads.com
    Classic Ads website.B]
    http://www.toonsign.com
    [B]Clipart ready to use for your products.
10/6/2011 5:39:21 AM
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1