Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214
Ebay - Your website- customer complaints - some thoughts Reply

Hi all

I've been reading some of the old posts we've been making over the years and it looks like we have 2 kinds of storeowners. Sellers on Ebay and sellers from their own AN stores.

I think I'll just sit here and pass along my thoughts on selling, getting more sales, reducing customer complaints, and whatever else goes thru my mind.

With the upcoming Christmas season approaching, are you ready? Let's suppose you've got your designs on your products, ads prepared, etc...

How To Sell On Ebay -

1. Is your product description the same as what AN uses? Is it the same as everyone else's? Considering how many others are using the SAME product description, what makes your watch or item stand out? Other than the design, nothing. Buyers are well aware that different sellers using the SAME product description and photo supplied by AN means you are ALL selling from the same place. Ho Hum!

Suggestion: change the product description so it accurately describes the item. Changing a few words won't do it. CHANGE IT. If possible, rotate or flip your product image so it appears to 'look' different than the other sellers watches (as an example). Make your ad different.

2. IMPORTANT!!! For years I've been harping about using the standard AN shipping time of 8-14 business days. Take my word for it, peaople do NOT SEE the words 'business days'. All they see is 8-14 days. I have always stressed using 2-4 weeks, in the case of certain holiday periods (Christmas, Chinese New Year, etc...) I add an extra week to it.

If your ad states quite clearly your shipping time (2-4 weeks as an example), then most people will expect it. You WILL still have a few customers who might comment but with ebay and their ridiculous DRS ratings, be CERTAIN your shipping times are stated quite clearly so your customers won't 'mis-understand'.

OK, you've made the sale on ebay or your other auction type sites, placed your order with AN and sit back waiting for more orders. Pretty neat huh? Wrong!!!!! For those who are just starting out:
    1. On any order you get, place your order with AN, get your AN order # and immediately reply to your customer - Thank you for your order, etc......... If you have any questions, please refer to your order # XXX so we can best serve you.

2.After thanking your customers, remind them of the delivery time. I use something like 'Thank you for ordering our waxles. Your order has been processed and you may expect delivery of your order in 2-4 weeks as advertised. Your order # is 12345 and if you have any questions or concerns about your order, please refer to this order # so we may best serve you' or something like that.

3. You already do this? Great. Now, let's show them your good stuff!

4. On your e-mail to your customer, did you include the link to your AN store or to your website? Are selling prices in your store/website higher/lower than your Ebay selling price? If you bought a watch on ebay for $.99 plus $7.95 shipping and then went to the sellers website and saw the same watch for $14.95, what do you think?

Reducing customer complaints: - If your customers know it takes 2-4 weeks for their order to arrive, if you constantly keep them informed as to you receiving their order, when to expect delivery and a nice Thank You plus their order #, then complaints should be to a minimum. To sell any item, especially on ebay and not even let the customer know you received the order is asking for problems. 'nuff said.

Customer return - Should a customer receive an item broken, damaged, etc..., respond to their comments as quickly as possible. Get the order # then be sure you ordered the correct size, color, design, etc... that they bought. If everything is correct, respond to your customer with an apology and you will get it replaced ASAP.

Contact AN at support@artsnow.com and ASK for their help. Don't scream, yell, stomp your feet or type in CAPITOL LETTERS!!! the problem. Ask AN for their help with a delivery problem. Include your order # and the items in question when working with AN. If you ordered the wrong product(s), REORDER. Don't even ask AN about it as there is nothing they can do. It is your mistake. Bear in mind that misteaks are part of doing business and we've all done it.

If the merchadise is defective, broken, bad print, etc... ask AN about what to do. Explain in detail about the defect. Chances are AN will imeddiately replace the defective product.

DO NOT post order problems in this forum! AN does not visit this forum on a regular basis and generally does not answer order questions. Contact AN at support@artsnow.co for help.

Tell you right now, if ***anyone yelled at me or ranted and raved about a defective product I printed for them, that e-mail would be on hold for a week, if not deleted. I never got their e-mail so how can I help them? ***I'm not talking aout a customer, I'm talking about if I printed something for a reseller and dropshipped for them.

On the other hand, if a reseller requested my help with a defective product you'd be surprised how much faster a replacement would be on it's way.

Courtesy really does work. Sarcasm, insults, screaming, etc... gets ignored.

OK. Got the idea? Now let's move on.

Your customer just purchased a gift and spent $35.00. On ebay you may not have all of your A products listed AND you may also sell other products that are not AN related. Since your ebay customer just bought some stuff from you, why not send them to your AN store AND your website? You have great designs but those ebay fees are killing you. Send your customers to your store uing your links in your signature in every e-mail you send. Got a website? Use that also.

Do you sell homemade soap from your website? Well you have to send out an e-mail to your customer anyway so include your store(s) in your signature. Doesn't hurt, maybe make a sale.

Well, I don't want to make this so long that you fall asleep or get bored so I'll make this part short and to the point.

Sell from a website. Use your website to both drive traffic to your AN store AND to your Ebay listings plus sell right from your online store! Your own website has nothing to do with your AN store unless you create links to it,

Use your website to get visitors by specializing in an area that you are expert in or have experience with. Know how to groom a dog? Have your website give tips, ideas about grooming. Know how to make candles? Soap? Designing? Use your website to bring visitors there to see what tips and other information you offer. Use some carefully placed photos of your products (related to what your website is about) and have them link to your AN store.

Well, enough rambling. I hope this may get you to thinking about how to make better sales (means happy repeat customers), get additional sales and making your relationship with AN enjoyable and profitable.

No. I don't work for AN, just think they have great products and hope to be able to help both members like you and I and AN. Please bear in mind that the above is only my opinion based on my experiences. Also, I do not pruufread, so my apologies

Fred
    Melbourne FL
    -----------------------------------------------
    http://www.toonsign.com/howtomanual/index.html
    Free to use manual to help you setup, order and control your AN store.
    http://www.fun-tees.com
    SVIP store.
    http://www.toonsign.com
    Clipart ready to use for your products.
17/9/2010 6:27:13

rowan Capricorn
TotalPost:251
RE:Ebay - Your website- customer complaints - some thoughts Reply

17/9/2010 10:43:52

will
TotalPost:2

This is helpful. Thanks Fred.

Will
    >Hi all
    >
    >I've been reading some of the old posts we've been making over the years and it looks like we have 2 kinds of storeowners. Sellers on Ebay and sellers from their own AN stores.
    >
    >I think I'll just sit here and pass along my thoughts on selling, getting more sales, reducing customer complaints, and whatever else goes thru my mind.
    >
    >With the upcoming Christmas season approaching, are you ready? Let's suppose you've got your designs on your products, ads prepared, etc...
    >
    >How To Sell On Ebay -
    >
    >1. Is your product description the same as what AN uses? Is it the same as everyone else's? Considering how many others are using the SAME product description, what makes your watch or item stand out? Other than the design, nothing. Buyers are well aware that different sellers using the SAME product description and photo supplied by AN means you are ALL selling from the same place. Ho Hum!
    >
    >Suggestion: change the product description so it accurately describes the item. Changing a few words won't do it. CHANGE IT. If possible, rotate or flip your product image so it appears to 'look' different than the other sellers watches (as an example). Make your ad different.
    >
    >2. IMPORTANT!!! For years I've been harping about using the standard AN shipping time of 8-14 business days. Take my word for it, peaople do NOT SEE the words 'business days'. All they see is 8-14 days. I have always stressed using 2-4 weeks, in the case of certain holiday periods (Christmas, Chinese New Year, etc...) I add an extra week to it.
    >
    >If your ad states quite clearly your shipping time (2-4 weeks as an example), then most people will expect it. You WILL still have a few customers who might comment but with ebay and their ridiculous DRS ratings, be CERTAIN your shipping times are stated quite clearly so your customers won't 'mis-understand'.
    >
    >OK, you've made the sale on ebay or your other auction type sites, placed your order with AN and sit back waiting for more orders. Pretty neat huh? Wrong!!!!! For those who are just starting out:
    >1. On any order you get, place your order with AN, get your AN order # and immediately reply to your customer - Thank you for your order, etc......... If you have any questions, please refer to your order # XXX so we can best serve you.
    >
    >2.After thanking your customers, remind them of the delivery time. I use something like 'Thank you for ordering our waxles. Your order has been processed and you may expect delivery of your order in 2-4 weeks as advertised. Your order # is 12345 and if you have any questions or concerns about your order, please refer to this order # so we may best serve you' or something like that.
    >
    >3. You already do this? Great. Now, let's show them your good stuff!
    >
    >4. On your e-mail to your customer, did you include the link to your AN store or to your website? Are selling prices in your store/website higher/lower than your Ebay selling price? If you bought a watch on ebay for $.99 plus $7.95 shipping and then went to the sellers website and saw the same watch for $14.95, what do you think?
    >
    >Reducing customer complaints: - If your customers know it takes 2-4 weeks for their order to arrive, if you constantly keep them informed as to you receiving their order, when to expect delivery and a nice Thank You plus their order #, then complaints should be to a minimum. To sell any item, especially on ebay and not even let the customer know you received the order is asking for problems. 'nuff said.
    >
    >Customer return - Should a customer receive an item broken, damaged, etc..., respond to their comments as quickly as possible. Get the order # then be sure you ordered the correct size, color, design, etc... that they bought. If everything is correct, respond to your customer with an apology and you will get it replaced ASAP.
    >
    >Contact AN at support@artsnow.com and ASK for their help. Don't scream, yell, stomp your feet or type in CAPITOL LETTERS!!! the problem. Ask AN for their help with a delivery problem. Include your order # and the items in question when working with AN. If you ordered the wrong product(s), REORDER. Don't even ask AN about it as there is nothing they can do. It is your mistake. Bear in mind that misteaks are part of doing business and we've all done it.
    >
    >If the merchadise is defective, broken, bad print, etc... ask AN about what to do. Explain in detail about the defect. Chances are AN will imeddiately replace the defective product.
    >
    >DO NOT post order problems in this forum! AN does not visit this forum on a regular basis and generally does not answer order questions. Contact AN at support@artsnow.co for help.
    >
    >Tell you right now, if ***anyone yelled at me or ranted and raved about a defective product I printed for them, that e-mail would be on hold for a week, if not deleted. I never got their e-mail so how can I help them? ***I'm not talking aout a customer, I'm talking about if I printed something for a reseller and dropshipped for them.
    >
    >On the other hand, if a reseller requested my help with a defective product you'd be surprised how much faster a replacement would be on it's way.
    >
    >Courtesy really does work. Sarcasm, insults, screaming, etc... gets ignored.
    >
    >OK. Got the idea? Now let's move on.
    >
    >Your customer just purchased a gift and spent $35.00. On ebay you may not have all of your A products listed AND you may also sell other products that are not AN related. Since your ebay customer just bought some stuff from you, why not send them to your AN store AND your website? You have great designs but those ebay fees are killing you. Send your customers to your store uing your links in your signature in every e-mail you send. Got a website? Use that also.
    >
    >Do you sell homemade soap from your website? Well you have to send out an e-mail to your customer anyway so include your store(s) in your signature. Doesn't hurt, maybe make a sale.
    >
    >Well, I don't want to make this so long that you fall asleep or get bored so I'll make this part short and to the point.
    >
    >Sell from a website. Use your website to both drive traffic to your AN store AND to your Ebay listings plus sell right from your online store! Your own website has nothing to do with your AN store unless you create links to it,
    >
    >Use your website to get visitors by specializing in an area that you are expert in or have experience with. Know how to groom a dog? Have your website give tips, ideas about grooming. Know how to make candles? Soap? Designing? Use your website to bring visitors there to see what tips and other information you offer. Use some carefully placed photos of your products (related to what your website is about) and have them link to your AN store.
    >
    >Well, enough rambling. I hope this may get you to thinking about how to make better sales (means happy repeat customers), get additional sales and making your relationship with AN enjoyable and profitable.
    >
    >No. I don't work for AN, just think they have great products and hope to be able to help both members like you and I and AN. Please bear in mind that the above is only my opinion based on my experiences. Also, I do not pruufread, so my apologies
    >
    >Fred
    >Melbourne FL
7/11/2010 13:14:05

dawn
TotalPost:115

Haven't been on forum in a while but always love your posts. <3
20/11/2010 10:23:02

sloane
TotalPost:41
RE:RE:Ebay - Your website- customer complaints - some thoughts Reply

Thanks Fred! Great suggestions!
    http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/Vintage_Times
29/12/2010 0:39:59

UlmeWalace Scorpio
TotalPost:4
RE:RE:Ebay - Your website- customer complaints - some thoughts Reply

This is useful.
    Greys Anatomy Season 8 DVD-Terrorise one, and the rest fall in line.
11/12/2012 17:12:12
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1