Your are the 4278th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1
AuthorPosts

deny
TotalPost:4
Why my own desgn has been set to “pending status” ?? Reply

I make my design by my self, but it has been set to “pending status” .
    What the matter with my design?

And it happened to my several deesign beefore.

Please let me know, what should I do?
21/11/2009 0:59:48

laura clark
Title:out of here due to t
TotalPost:343
RE:Why my own desgn has been set to “pending status” ?? Reply

-deleted by poster~
    -----------------------------------------------

“When the student is ready, the teacher appears.”
21/11/2009 2:28:28

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214

Hi deny,

Aside from potential copyright problems, when any artwork has been placed in a 'pending' status, you can appeal to the status by clicking on the red box that surrounds the image.

I would suggest that you may wish to consider different artwork so you won't have any potential problems with copyrights.

When an appeal is made on 'pending' artwork, the artwork is usually released, however, I cannot be abosolutely sure of it.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    melbourne FL

>I make my design by my self, but it has been set to “pending status” .
    >What the matter with my design?
    >
    >And it happened to my several designs before.
    >
    >Please let me know, what should I do?
    >

http://toonsign.homestead.com
    Low cost hosting to sell your AN products. on. Format is being updated to AN specs.

http://youprintonline.homestead.com
    My Homestead store to sell my AN products on.
    http://www.toonsign.com
    Ready to use clipart for products .
21/11/2009 5:38:54

Lennie
Title:HANDS OFF! UNCLE!
TotalPost:655
RE:RE:Why my own desgn has been set to “pending status” ?? Reply

that is usually how it works when I upload my artwork - but mine is mine
    >
    >When an appeal is made on 'pending' artwork, the artwork is usually released, however, I cannot be abosolutely sure of it.
    >

So...how's that CHANGE working for you now?
21/11/2009 6:11:22

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214
RE:RE:RE:Why my own desgn has been set to “pending status” ?? Reply

Hi Lennie,

Yes. On designs that either I created or I am licensed for, I have no problem when I appeal. All designs were re-instated as I had claimed licensing rights or original copyrighted artwork.

The exception was to the '34 Ford artwork that I purchased. Little did I know (at that time) that I needed a license for the artwork. Took 'em all down. Wasted $600:(

Fred

>that is usually how it works when I upload my artwork - but mine is mine
    >>
    >>When an appeal is made on 'pending' artwork, the artwork is usually released, however, I cannot be abosolutely sure of it.
    >>
    >
    http://toonsign.homestead.com
    Low cost hosting to sell your AN products. on. Format is being updated to AN specs.

http://youprintonline.homestead.com
    My Homestead store to sell my AN products on.
    http://www.toonsign.com
    Ready to use clipart for products .
21/11/2009 6:22:26

Lennie
Title:HANDS OFF! UNCLE!
TotalPost:655
RE:RE:RE:RE:Why my own desgn has been set to “pending status” ?? Reply

Pretty much, unless you make them yourself, it is hard to say when someone is going to come along and claim them. And then even when you make the artwork, it still could cause problems. Especially on Ebay.

>Hi Lennie,
    >
    >Yes. On designs that either I created or I am licensed for, I have no problem when I appeal. All designs were re-instated as I had claimed licensing rights or original copyrighted artwork.
    >
    >The exception was to the '34 Ford artwork that I purchased. Little did I know (at that time) that I needed a license for the artwork. Took 'em all down. Wasted $600:(
    >
    >Fred
    >
    >
    >>that is usually how it works when I upload my artwork - but mine is mine
    >>>
    >>>When an appeal is made on 'pending' artwork, the artwork is usually released, however, I cannot be abosolutely sure of it.
    >>>
    >>
    So...how's that CHANGE working for you now?
21/11/2009 9:34:53

BH
TotalPost:25

>I make my design by my self, but it has been set to “pending status” .
    >What the matter with my design?

Sometime (after many, many hours and days and days of work creating products) I discovered almost everything in my VIP store was reset to pending. No idea what criteria they used, but all my designs are either my very own or created from purchased, legal *commercial-use licensed* artwork and everywhere possible in my product descriptions I had cited the legal sourced art.

I'm not an "artist" in the sense of pure art from ownership of the first pixel on the canvas on up. I'd venture almost nobody here in the various artsnow communities is. Everyone here uses tools- brushes, scripts, fonts, fractal programs, alleged "public domain art", free textures and much more that they didn't originally create, but can incorporate into their designs. What I do is pay for mine and the legal rights to use them and stay completely out of the gray areas. I read the rights to use policies before I buy and keep receipts and meticulous records of the artists' terms of use documents and licenses. It costs me money, but it has always kept me in the clear of questions of violations anywhere else.

Most of my licensed art is from the scrapbook community which is overflowing with artists selling their art elements for commercial use under specific terms of use, all of which I have always honored to the letter. When I appealed, I sourced them all over again, with links to the retail websites and terms of use pages where these artists clearly make their license and use policies clear.

It's unfathomable to me that they did this, because if it wasn't for these same kinds of sources of scrapbook community artists and art being licensed and sold commercially, the sister site ArtsCow (in which many are designing and selling on the same products we have here) would probably not even exist.

That was probably a month ago that I appealed and sent them my links. I've had virtually no responses, explanations, decisions and all my designs still sit pending. If somebody selling their designs and photo books publicly raised heck in the artscow forum and legitimately documented their complaint, I'm pretty sure you would see a quick response from the corporate folk. Just go there to see what I mean.

I love the artsnow concept and business model, but customer support problems are a real issue for me and these are not the first. I've had a sense for quite a while that all the real energy is with the sister site- the newer baby and revenue model. Taking my unpublished products down today (you can't sell what nobody can see), canceling my VIP subscription which has not been productive, and concentrating where my POD designs are already selling and there are no administrative misunderstandings about what constitutes "copyright" and commercial licensed "right to use" issues and what does not.

Wishing all you who may have a more successful and prosperous approach to sales receipts here all the very best in the New Year.

http://pinkladybugs.posterous.com
2/1/2012 3:17:29

Deb Watson
TotalPost:83

Deny
    As a *guess* John Cena or whoever owns his commercial rights have probably trademarked his image or "likeness" in association with his name and/or wrestling for licensing themselves. It's very common practice and potentially very costly to anybody who strays into this area through a print-on-demand company. Part of maintaining a trademark is acting on infringements. For someone to keep a trademark they, in theory, have to act on any breach. Other POD-Sites are very strict and good at pre-empting problems and I believe Artsnow have been picking up their game lately. Also Artsnow may of already been approached by the holders in the past

I personally wouldn't risk it. There are organisations that you can research rights/trademarks before you proceed but the only way you can be 100% is to not use celebrity/famous "likeness" and names.

If you are really keen to design for famous people/tv/movies/bands etc two of the bigger POD companies have exclusive licensing which gives you the ability to design and sell products(though there are very strict rules) through their sites

Hope that helps :)
8/1/2012 11:37:40

ConradMccar
TotalPost:6

Pretty much, unless you make them yourself, it is hard to say when someone is going to come along and claim them. And then even when you make the artwork, it still could cause problems. Especially on Ebay.

-------------------------------------
    buy cheap dvds says hello to all of TV fans!
28/11/2012 15:10:46
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1