Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 7 1
AuthorPosts

Antoinette
TotalPost:1
How do I save Words in Photoshop 5.5 as a jpg ??? Reply

I am wanting to create just words.

I can do that.

I am unable to SAVE FILE AS a jpg. the only option is for a Photoshop file.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Love, Light & Peace to YOU ALL

AntzPantz :)
3/9/2007 11:11:03

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214
RE:How do I save Words in Photoshop 5.5 as a jpg ??? Reply

Good morning,

I use Photoshop 6 and only for making transparencies but if you create a file in any Photoshop, I think you would click File, Export and export the file as a JPG or whatever format you wish.

I only deal with PNG files as all of my images have transparent backgrounds and having a transparent background, saves me the bother of having so many files.

Hope this helps,

Fred

>I am wanting to create just words.
    >
    >I can do that.
    >
    >I am unable to SAVE FILE AS a jpg. the only option is for a Photoshop file.
    >
    >Can anyone please help me with this?
    >
    >Love, Light & Peace to YOU ALL
    >
    >AntzPantz :)

-----------------------------------------------
    http://fun-tees.uscolorprint.com
    http://www.you-print-online.com
    http://www.fun-tees.com - Super VIP
3/9/2007 20:39:26

Paul Graham
TotalPost:98

Hi Fred,
    When you place words onto a background photoshop creates a new layer. In order to save as a JPEG you must flatten all layers otherwise it will only save as a PSD file. Go to "Layers" then "flatten" then try saving as JPEG.

Regards
    Paul

>
    >I can do that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
11/9/2007 6:48:05

Ethel Powers
TotalPost:1
RE:RE:How do I save Words in Photoshop 5.5 as a jpg ??? Reply

You can also rasterize your text. That makes it uneditable and treats it like a picture.
13/11/2007 4:53:49

Cornelius R. Soyo
TotalPost:4

I know this is slightly old thread - but I am professional graphics designer for 15 years, used photoshop 5.5 (- and +) for many. I will try to remember 5.5, it is older version than current.

I believe that for JPG directly out of photoshop 5.5, you would choose (f)ile / Save for Web. After choosing this, a new window will appear, and in rightmost menu there is a dropdown to choose between JPG, GIF, PNG-8 and PNG-24. This section also gives you the chance to modify compression settings, etc. Left side of window offers the best way to compare your original work vs. the compressed/final output. Note that if you choose PNG-24, it will be your best output of the 4 (and therefore the fewest options to deal with), but also largest file size.

Remember to save the .PSD version of your image as well, as that will be needed if you want to modify the text later. Also note that of the 4 types, .JPG format will NOT retain transparency, and GIF/PNG-8 are limited to 256 colors. Again, if you go through the rightmost menu when in the 'Save for Web' window, you will see the options available to you, best to play with them and see effects on the left. And no, you do not have to flatten your image before using 'Save to Web', it will perform that automatically.

A couple other things I might mention while I'm typing - when creating your image, if planning to use just for the web typically 72 dpi 'RGB' is the way to have it set at design time. If for printing the image, typically 300 dpi 'CMYK' is the way:

For the 72 vs 300 DPI, you set this through (I)mage / Image Size.

As for RBG vs. CMYK, you set this through (I)mage / Mode.

An important consideration if you choose the 'Save for Web' option described above, and choose any of the 4 formats there, your image will be converted to RGB regardless of your original settings. For printing purposes, this is not considered the best, even though those image types seem to be the default through ArtsCafe.

If you would rather save for printing as CMYK, you would need to instead choose (F)ile / Save a Copy, then choose from the filetype dropdown, uncompressed TIF or EPS formats would be decent CMYK choices here, but there are others depending on who you're sending the file to.

Lots of other stuff with this part of Photoshop, but I'd better shut up now, as I am way off the original question already, and probably confusing the issue, sorry.

I hope some of this makes sense... good luck

>
    >I can do that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
12/1/2008 12:34:32

sdg nfds
TotalPost:6

30/12/2013 11:04:08

Donna klinton
TotalPost:6
RE:RE:How do I save Words in Photoshop 5.5 as a jpg ??? Reply

HI there
    If you want to save words as a jpeg.you'd better do that with the help of a Word Document Rendering and Converting Library which supports to convert word to jpeg directly.
    That would more helpful for you.There are many third party tool for you.You can just try their free trial.Best wishes.
26/3/2014 14:58:04
Page 1 of 1, Total 7 1