Your are the 1683th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1
AuthorPosts

Christian Geissenhoener
TotalPost:9
Copyright - My eyes are burning already! Reply

First of all, excuse my bad english please.

and now the topic.

does anyone of you know a source of copyright free pictures? i read about 6 hours today. 4 of this 6 hours in google.
    i need help. what is license free, royality free, copyright free?
    all i found out is, that i can use thousands of pictures for websites, blogs, forums, and any online things. but i did not find anything that i could use to sell.

is there a source with pictures that can be used to resell? how are they called? license free? copyright free?

all copyright free pictures i found must not be used in any commercial way?
    i need help :(
22/1/2010 21:22:13

Gary Younkin
Title:Owner
TotalPost:623
RE:Copyright - My eyes are burning already! Reply

Hi there are sights for images, but each site has there own terms of use, most common ones will state Creative Commons, this license will let you create and sell, but if it states Creative Commons Non Commercial, then you cannot use for sale.

Royality free means when you purchase the extended license for most major sites like Shutterstock, then you can use for sale and not have to pay royalities for each item sold.

You can go to my site and see some resources for images for sale, my site is a portal for some of the great sites I have discovered, i have a list of sites you can check out, also Flickr has some that you can use, but again for each artists or site, you will need to read there terms of use.

What kind of images are you looking for, what format are you working with (JPG,AI,EPS,PSD and so many more)
    This will narrow down the seach. Currently I am designing with Poser/Daz3D charctors and other renders, there are alot of these sites, they have some freebies, but you should look into membership, where you have access to more images, most of the sites are now making the files in PNG format to allow a larger user base, try some of the ones listed in my site under category PSD-PSP-PNG, or search for these in your browser, Anita Lee Creations,Outlaw By Design, and Graphic Allusions, these all are for commercial use and will help you get started.

Also what software are you using, if you have Adobe Photoshop, you can get some styles,shapes,and patterns to make better designs.

Another great resource is devianArt, go into stocks and resources, there are alot of artists sharing there works, but just follow there terms of use.

If you are working with vector files search for these in your browser Vecteezy,ArtAmp or just go to my site and the links are there, soon has I find the list of image sites I will post here, I know it was in one of the older messages here in the forum.

Hope this helps
    -----------------------------------------------

http://www.greendevildesigns.info
22/1/2010 22:09:47

Christian Geissenhoener
TotalPost:9
RE:RE:Copyright - My eyes are burning already! Reply

Thanks a lot Gary!
    I read your post last night about 9 o´clock in the evening. i am german living in thailand. right now it is 8:21 am and i am reading again. a lot of great informations you share! thanks a lot. i have never heard of the Creative Common Copyright, but it seems it is a great source.

just a short reply here, but i dont have much time . busy on your site and the information you gave.
    again, thanks a lot!

>Hi there are sights for images, but each site has there own terms of use, most common ones will state Creative Commons, this license will let you create and sell, but if it states Creative Commons Non Commercial, then you cannot use for sale.
    >
    >Royality free means when you purchase the extended license for most major sites like Shutterstock, then you can use for sale and not have to pay royalities for each item sold.
    >
    >You can go to my site and see some resources for images for sale, my site is a portal for some of the great sites I have discovered, i have a list of sites you can check out, also Flickr has some that you can use, but again for each artists or site, you will need to read there terms of use.
    >
    >What kind of images are you looking for, what format are you working with (JPG,AI,EPS,PSD and so many more)
    >This will narrow down the seach. Currently I am designing with Poser/Daz3D charctors and other renders, there are alot of these sites, they have some freebies, but you should look into membership, where you have access to more images, most of the sites are now making the files in PNG format to allow a larger user base, try some of the ones listed in my site under category PSD-PSP-PNG, or search for these in your browser, Anita Lee Creations,Outlaw By Design, and Graphic Allusions, these all are for commercial use and will help you get started.
    >
    >Also what software are you using, if you have Adobe Photoshop, you can get some styles,shapes,and patterns to make better designs.
    >
    >Another great resource is devianArt, go into stocks and resources, there are alot of artists sharing there works, but just follow there terms of use.
    >
    >If you are working with vector files search for these in your browser Vecteezy,ArtAmp or just go to my site and the links are there, soon has I find the list of image sites I will post here, I know it was in one of the older messages here in the forum.
    >
    >Hope this helps
23/1/2010 9:27:06

Gary Younkin
Title:Owner
TotalPost:623
RE:RE:RE:Copyright - My eyes are burning already! Reply

Hi, your welcome, I have been selling online now for 3 years with AN and I know how hard it is to find images to use, glad you find my site useful, it feels good knowing someone like you is finding useful information, bookmark it, I try and add new discoveries every week.
    -----------------------------------------------

http://www.greendevildesigns.info
23/1/2010 22:00:50
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1