Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214
Ebay, here I come(again) Reply

Hi all,

Well it's been one year since I left Ebay and sales have been real slow so I have decided to try Ebay again but with some changes.

During this past year I have constantly been watching what is selling, who is selling it and especially what my competition is doing. Also, my rating went back up to 100% so I'll try it again.

This time I'm going after a particular market - classic car buffs and my product line will be magnets, mousepads, coasters, wall clocks, watches and 11x17 magnetic signs not only for buffs but for businesses (including AN storeowners who wish to advertise on their cars) and maybe some other products. I'm also considering adding t-shirts, especially the ladies cut, t's with pockets plus ringers.

My decision was based on quite a few things, including the number of unique visitors I get daily to my classic car ad website http://www.realclassicads.com My goal is to convert these visitors to customers and I feel that people feel more comfortable going to a recognized website like ebay, may help. We'll see.

Also plan to bring back my printing video cd's.

Just thought I would like to share this with you.

Fred

-----------------------------------------------
    http://www.toonsign.com/howtomanual/index.html
    Free to use manual to help you setup, order and control your AN store.
    http://www.toonsign.com
    Clipart ready to use for your products.
20/1/2011 6:29:17

Neil
TotalPost:94
RE:Ebay, here I come(again Reply

>Sound like your ready to sell. You might want to wait till after Chinese new year holidays in feb. After that AN should be back up and running at eBay standards. Good luck! :)

>Hi all,
    >
    >Well it's been one year since I left Ebay and sales have been real slow so I have decided to try Ebay again but with some changes.
    >
    >During this past year I have constantly been watching what is selling, who is selling it and especially what my competition is doing. Also, my rating went back up to 100% so I'll try it again.
    >
    >This time I'm going after a particular market - classic car buffs and my product line will be magnets, mousepads, coasters, wall clocks, watches and 11x17 magnetic signs not only for buffs but for businesses (including AN storeowners who wish to advertise on their cars) and maybe some other products. I'm also considering adding t-shirts, especially the ladies cut, t's with pockets plus ringers.
    >
    >My decision was based on quite a few things, including the number of unique visitors I get daily to my classic car ad website http://www.realclassicads.com My goal is to convert these visitors to customers and I feel that people feel more comfortable going to a recognized website like ebay, may help. We'll see.
    >
    >Also plan to bring back my printing video cd's.
    >
    >Just thought I would like to share this with you.
    >
    >Fred
    >
    >
21/1/2011 9:45:07

Fred Virgo
RE:RE:Ebay, here I come(again Reply

Hi Simon,

I'll be selling the items I do and I'll see how it goes in Ebay. If it works out, then I'll be adding AN products. Just don't want to spend a lot of time on something that's iffy.

Fred

>>Sound like your ready to sell. You might want to wait till after Chinese new year holidays in feb. After that AN should be back up and running at eBay standards. Good luck! :)

22/1/2011 4:32:07

Wen Chin Koh
TotalPost:14
RE:Ebay, here I come(again) Reply

How do you feel about ArtsCow now selling at eBay too .. at cut throat prices.

>Hi all,
    >
    >Well it's been one year since I left Ebay and sales have been real slow so I have decided to try Ebay again but with some changes.
    >
    >During this past year I have constantly been watching what is selling, who is selling it and especially what my competition is doing. Also, my rating went back up to 100% so I'll try it again.
    >
    >This time I'm going after a particular market - classic car buffs and my product line will be magnets, mousepads, coasters, wall clocks, watches and 11x17 magnetic signs not only for buffs but for businesses (including AN storeowners who wish to advertise on their cars) and maybe some other products. I'm also considering adding t-shirts, especially the ladies cut, t's with pockets plus ringers.
    >
    >My decision was based on quite a few things, including the number of unique visitors I get daily to my classic car ad website http://www.realclassicads.com My goal is to convert these visitors to customers and I feel that people feel more comfortable going to a recognized website like ebay, may help. We'll see.
    >
    >Also plan to bring back my printing video cd's.
    >
    >Just thought I would like to share this with you.
    >
    >Fred
    >
    >
9/2/2011 21:34:06

Fred Virgo
RE:RE:Ebay, here I come(again) Reply

Hello Wen Chin Koh,

There are MANY stores under AN that have been selling on ebay for a long time at very low prices. Most have Hong Kong as their place of business and it really makes no difference in my eyes.

Customers buy the artwork or design, not the 'watch' as an example.

For the past few years I've been stressing to fellow AN members that when they place their ads on ebay or anywhere else, change the description, wording, pictures (if possible) so it DOESN'T look like all of the hundreds of other sellers products.

You and I know that when we look at products on ebay (clocks as an example), just the photographs other AN members use as a display - all look alike. When you click on the item and view the description, MOST are IDENTICAL. We know it's being printed from AN. Very seldom when I scan ebay, do I find products that AN ships, that you almost can't tell their from AN. This is because the sellers have changed the clock images, designs, wording, description, etc...

To change ANY stock AN image is relatively easy to do. Just use the AN image, flip it, add background, paste a new image over the face of the clock and you have something different. Reword the entire ad with YOUR OWN description, add color to your text, bold, underline, etc... Make it different than the standard AN ads.

If other AN stores sell a watch for 99 cents with 1.50 shipping, to me, who cares. From a sample of listings I've seen there, they are using standard clipart and not much from I've seen catches my eye.

However, if an artist is using THEIR own artwork or designs, selling the same watch for $12.99 with free shipping, that's what people are looking for - the artwork. Sure price has something to do with it but it's the unique, different, one of a kind design that people WANT to buy.

Others selling at cut throat prices - doesn't bother me. I've been going thru this same cut throat pricing since 1987 dealing with other part time printers who will sell a t-shirt real cheap and make 50 cents profit. I'll stick with what's been working for me for 24 years. I'm still in business, the many cut throat sellers have come and gone.

You just use your own artwork and sell. However, if you are using the same basic, standard clipart designs that others are using, then you may have a slight lack of sales problem.

Hope this helps.

Fred

>How do you feel about ArtsCow now selling at eBay too .. at cut throat prices.

12/2/2011 5:48:35

Lennie
Title:HANDS OFF! UNCLE!
TotalPost:655
RE:RE:RE:Ebay, here I come(again) Reply

I agree with what Fred said. You can look high and low for my store on ebay and will not be able to find me. We have completely changed the picture of the products and the description is nothing close to AN and every other reseller.

You need to set yourself apart from the competition. The first thing you need to do is believe that your products are worth the price you are selling. For those that sell their item for $.99, that item is worth that and when it breaks within a few days, buyer will figure they purchased a cheap item. I sell my watches for $20 and not a penny less. My shipping is $3.99. My buyers believe they are getting a quality product. And my buyers will come back to me.

It is the same way with my other products. My products are priced 200-300% more than my competitors. But, I consistently out sell them.

On Ebay, you may pay more in fees. But, you will be more respected as a business person. And your product will be seen as a high end product.

>>How do you feel about ArtsCow now selling at eBay too .. at cut throat prices.
    >
    Before you start thinking $250,000 a year is RICH, use your noodle and find out for yourself!
12/2/2011 8:39:44
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1