Your are the 1588th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 3 1
AuthorPosts

Tim Teagarden
TotalPost:9
Beginner needing help with template mods Reply

I don't really know any html but want to make several mods to my template and don't know where to begin.

My store is www.onlinecustomgifts.com.

1. I want to remove visibility for members area.
    2. I want to add some text in the top graphic, tag line under the name of the store.
    3. I want to make a reference to free shipping in November with a graphic.
    4. I don't know how to add a contact us link at the top.

Reference to instructions on how to do these things would be much appreciated. I watched a few odfthe online videos but they didn't seem to get me what I need.

Not afraid to code myself, just need to know what books to mac software I need to get to get be started.

Thanks so much. I been reading some of the posts but I still don't get it.
    Tim

30/10/2009 0:14:58

Fred Virgo
TotalPost:2214
RE:Beginner needing help with template mods Reply

Hi Tim,

I don't know a whole lot but what I did on my own site was to:

1. Login
    2. Click on the store
    3. Click on "My templates"
    4. When the menu appears on the left side, I just looked at the different sections that had 'HTM" in them.

I then copied HTML code I made using Front Page Express and then pasted it into the various sections, then clickd 'Save'. I then viewed the changes that happened and went from there.

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to put this into the How To manual but I would suggest that you may have to tinker unless another member here can help.

I know it's not much help but we do have a few members here who have really great sites and hopefully they may be able to share a bit of what they've learned and how they did it.

Fred

>I don't really know any html but want to make several mods to my template and don't know where to begin.
    >
    >My store is www.onlinecustomgifts.com.
    >
    >1. I want to remove visibility for members area.
    >2. I want to add some text in the top graphic, tag line under the name of the store.
    >3. I want to make a reference to free shipping in November with a graphic.
    >4. I don't know how to add a contact us link at the top.
    >
    >Reference to instructions on how to do these things would be much appreciated. I watched a few odfthe online videos but they didn't seem to get me what I need.
    >
    >Not afraid to code myself, just need to know what books to mac software I need to get to get be started.
    >
    >Thanks so much. I been reading some of the posts but I still don't get it.
    >Tim
    >
    >

-----------------------------------------------
    http://www.sell-online-how-to.com/
    ....... New website to teach you how to create your own website and sell online. All free.
    http://www.fun-tees.com
    http://wholesale.toonsign.com/index.html We now wholesale/dropship over 7000 products. Add these products to your Ebay store!
    http://www.uscolorprint.com/howtomanual/index.html This is a free 'How To' manual which shows you how to setup your AN (and Fun-Tees) store(s). Hope you find it helpful. Membername is: guest Password is: password
30/10/2009 6:07:24

Tim Teagarden
TotalPost:9
RE:RE:Beginner needing help with template mods Reply

Thanks. I'll keep working on it.
    TT

>Hi Tim,
    >
    >I don't know a whole lot but what I did on my own site was to:
    >
    >1. Login
    >2. Click on the store
    >3. Click on "My templates"
    >4. When the menu appears on the left side, I just looked at the different sections that had 'HTM" in them.
    >
    >I then copied HTML code I made using Front Page Express and then pasted it into the various sections, then clickd 'Save'. I then viewed the changes that happened and went from there.
    >
    >Unfortunately I haven't had the time to put this into the How To manual but I would suggest that you may have to tinker unless another member here can help.
    >
    >I know it's not much help but we do have a few members here who have really great sites and hopefully they may be able to share a bit of what they've learned and how they did it.
    >
    >Fred
    >
    >
    >
    >>I don't really know any html but want to make several mods to my template and don't know where to begin.
    >>
    >>My store is www.onlinecustomgifts.com.
    >>
    >>1. I want to remove visibility for members area.
    >>2. I want to add some text in the top graphic, tag line under the name of the store.
    >>3. I want to make a reference to free shipping in November with a graphic.
    >>4. I don't know how to add a contact us link at the top.
    >>
    >>Reference to instructions on how to do these things would be much appreciated. I watched a few odfthe online videos but they didn't seem to get me what I need.
    >>
    >>Not afraid to code myself, just need to know what books to mac software I need to get to get be started.
    >>
    >>Thanks so much. I been reading some of the posts but I still don't get it.
    >>Tim
    >>
    >>
    >
30/10/2009 9:59:14
Page 1 of 1, Total 3 1