URL : http://forum.artsnow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=82724
HTC ChaCha case Post By rustam - 7/9/2013 14:33:47
Why is price is 100 dollars when make bulk order! i sent a message in support but no answer. I cannot order the case several days. My buyer wait it!!!!
The same problem was with S4 mini case
Please change the mistake!!!!!
RE:HTC ChaCha case Post By rustam - 8/9/2013 16:57:02
>Why is price is 100 dollars when make bulk order! i sent a message in support but no answer. I cannot order the case several days. My buyer wait it!!!!
>The same problem was with S4 mini case
>Please change the mistake!!!!!

When you will change mistake????????????????

How long should I write it??? Peoples wait items!

Pure service
RE:RE:HTC ChaCha case Post By ruby - 9/9/2013 12:31:57
Dear rustam,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please kindly send it to support@artsnow.com as forum is a place for members to discuss topics they are interested only.

Thank you and look forward to your contact.

Best regards,
Ruby AC
RE:HTC ChaCha case Post By rustam - 9/9/2013 12:36:33
>Why is price is 100 dollars when make bulk order! i sent a message in support but no answer. I cannot order the case several days. My buyer wait it!!!!
>The same problem was with S4 mini case
>Please change the mistake!!!!!
I must send? this problem is several times with cases.
Pure
RE:RE:HTC ChaCha case Post By ruby - 9/9/2013 12:38:51
Dear rustam,

Hope you understand that we have many new cases/products released weekly, so there may be some setting problem or update delay.

We will try our best to fix it and appreciate if you can report us formally when you find it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ruby AC
RE:RE:RE:HTC ChaCha case Post By rustam - 10/9/2013 12:22:28
I send several times to Forum, message in Artsnow and via email. Soon it will be a weak! No answer and mistake not changed!

>Dear rustam,
>
>Hope you understand that we have many new cases/products released weekly, so there may be some setting problem or update delay.
>
>We will try our best to fix it and appreciate if you can report us formally when you find it.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Best regards,
>Ruby AC

RE:RE:RE:RE:HTC ChaCha case Post By ruby - 10/9/2013 14:15:46
Dear Rustam,

As we explained, we are sorry that we may not find the issue if you send on forum. Kindly email us your inquiry to support@artsnow.com so we can fix it asap.

We received your email yesterday and when the problem is fixed today, we have reply you by email. Please check accordingly.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ruby AC